Pages

Friday 6 December 2013

Artist | 'TROPICO' - Lana Del Ray

'Tropico' 
Directed by Anthony Mandler
featuring Lana Del Ray
I have never been a huge fan of Lana Del Ray in the sense of music - but her style has always been something I've loved. Her short film, Tropico, was premiered today and I have been waiting to watch this for some while. I had high hopes that it would be stylistic and something beautiful to watch - and it was. 
I am so pleased I took the time to watch this, because it is magnificent. 
The short film has a huge amount of religious symbolism of 'sin and redemption', it has underlining meanings of a human's relation to the world, their innocence, beauty and encounters of 'good and bad'. The couple begin in the 'Garden Of Eden' and then following the story of Adam and Eve, eat the forbidden fruit and are banished to the 'Garden of Evil' (Los Angeles in the film). It then goes from a fantasy world, featuring unicorns, Marilyn Monroe, Elvis Presley, Jesus and John Wayne, to this incredible raw environment - yet cinematically beautiful. 
For some, it may feel like a really long music trailer as three of Lana Del Ray's songs are featured - but I feel like the music lyrically flows really well together as a whole. But for the most part, the visuals and cinematography is what I most liked - as it was very enticing and beautiful. 

1 comment:

  1. Great post! would you like to follow eachother?
    xx
    daniella
    simplybeautifulelegant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete