Pages

Friday 21 June 2013

New Zealand | Arrival


I have finally taken the trip to visit my cousin Bella in Queenstown, New Zealand. 

The flight was nice and short and I was probably sitting next to the loudest people on the plane - six boys, all related - I was entertained and given free food. I also found myself go a little crazy in Duty-free with Mac and Victoria Secret, but I guess that's a part of the flying experience. 

As the plane started to descend into the mountains, I couldn't fathom what I was seeing. I felt like I was a tracking camera in a fantasy film - everything so untouched and magical. 

I am seriously over-whelmed. This place is so beautiful and the town is so gorgeous. I feel like I am in a Christmas town, if that even exists (probably doesn't, lets face it) - everything feels so 'jolly'. I went on some short hikes today and couldn't stop looking at the mountain's with a coat of snow on them (The Remarkables). Although, I didn't last long standing still as I sort of froze but the more I moved, the more I saw. 

The Winter Festival starts today - I have my disposable camera, a phone that isn't much use and a cousin who is a local and willing to show me the secret places of Queenstown. 

 - Photography: Myself -

No comments:

Post a Comment