Pages

Thursday 27 June 2013

New Zealand | The Remarkables


... and remarkable it is. 

Wow! Driving up the Mountain (Remarkables) for the first time, I found myself both excited and terrified at what lay beyond. This is certainly not a drive for individuals with acrophobia or have a fear of 'falling off mountains' (trust me, for some people that is a real fear) - as I literally felt one icy patch on the road could catapult us over the edge. Apart from the nervous feeling of tumbling over the edge, the view was staggering and I literally couldn't take it all in. I felt exhilarated and in total raptures on what I was experiencing. There was one day where we were above the clouds and it was like I was on a whole different planet and anything felt possible - it was breathtakingly surreal. 

I found that the first day of skiing downright tough - a big wipeout followed by some very awkward tumbling ending in a crescendo of an undignified 'face plant' - some hot skier I asked myself. Although, in an hilarious attempt to laugh and breath, while being winded, proved to be difficult and I concluded that maybe its time to go back to snowboarding... 

My cousin, Bella, also felt the need to stand topless on the mountain. Seemingly it was on her "Kiwi bucket-list", although she did find the whole experience "a bit nippy". But she also bought me one of the most amazing burgers from Fergburger - 'The Cockadoodle-Oink'. This place is famous within the town, and I was waiting for the time where I was finally able to buy and eat a burger. The burger was literally too big to fit into my hands and took me a long time to finish - which I did (with a lot of effort)! But this was the best burger I have ever had! It was put together perfectly - so thank-you Bella and Fergburger. YUM. 

- Photography: Myself - 

2 comments:

  1. LOVE THIS POST SO MUCH!
    I went to the Remarkables two years ago, oh the memories
    & loved photography, especially the eighth one, so much
    xo
    ashsbeautybag.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank-you so much!
      They are amazing. Haha thats my crazy cousin!

      I love you blog! MAC <3 x

      Delete